Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The topic for today's class is.... FO

Good evening class! Today we are going to learn a little bit about Shangri La's front office operations and how entertaining they are! Ok so this past week I have been doing cross training in the front office even though most of my time here will be spent in food and beverage since that is what my project topic is over.

During this cross training I have been learning about the front desk, guest relation officer, concierge, business center and other areas that are included in front office. Some of the areas are on the fritz bc they are doing a lobby renovation right now which relocated the front desk, some managers offices and the lobby lounge. I was very interested to learn all about these areas but all of the employees have been so busy that we haven't gotten to learn too much. A lot of our training time has been spent shut up in the little offices of the different departments so we don't get in the way... Needless to say chelsie and I are excited to start in food and beverage so we can be legitimately trained haha

We have been working a lot recently so we haven't had too much time to get out and see the city but this past weekend we did go to Dalians walking festival which was so much fun! They have the perfect walking road here that is right on the coast and along the mountain side! We walked 10 km that day... We are going to try and walk it one a week. But! There were soo many people on this walk! Over 80,000... We also found a great bar here called the Brooklyn bar and it has new York style pizza, BLTs, and even pulled pork sandwiches! We have also found out that the local bars here have no idea how to make the mixed drinks on their menu.. But this new bar does, probably because it is owned by a New Yorker! We now have a place to go if we ever get really homesick and need some amazing food from home :)

I hope all is well with all of my followers back at home and I'm glad my posts are entertaining! Miss everyone! J

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're learning the front desk. That was my job when I was in college, so of course, it's the most important job in the place! Mixed drinks? How's the local beer?
    Sounds like you are still enjoying the adventure. When do your language classes begin?

    Love,
    Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete